What will you bring to your career
What will you bring to your career from your Gender Studies major/minor?
- Interdisciplinary dexterity;
- Openness, awareness, and respect of individuals, groups, perspectives, and experiences that may differ from your own;
- Understanding the importance of listening to others;
- Ability to use gender as a category of/for analysis;
- Understanding of the importance of interlocking oppressions;
- Ability to consider an issue from multiple perspectives;
- Ability to recognize the complexity of a situation or problem;
- Ability to build community and reach consensus;
- Capacity to discuss controversial topics intelligently;
- Wide breadth of knowledge;
- Expertise on gender, race, sexuality, and class relations, areas for which there is growing demand in a number of fields and professions.