The 2019 Community Theater for Social Justice Action Conference is scheduled for Saturday, April 27 at 4:00pm.
We are excited to invite our local community and national participants to strategize together on how we use the arts for social change. This year we are excited to share the various aspects to realize our mission, "Uplifting Young People of Color."
- Action-oriented workshops from selected presenters from across the country on counter-narrative theatre, activism, art, and healing.
- Keynote Speech & Discussion by 18 year-old youth climate & racial justice activist, Nalleli Cobo at the St. Joseph County Public Library. Open to the Public.
- Featured Performance of "The Hmong-Lao Friendship Play" by award winning Lao-American Playwright, Poet, & Comedian, Saymoukda Vongsay, the "Refugenius".
- Art Exhibit of the Lynch Quilts Project by LaShawnda Crowe Storm with an intergeneration community art activity. Open to the Public.
- Panel Discussion on Youth Activism
- Pre-Conference Workshop for black, indigenous, and people of color on storytelling and healing.
Registration for the Conference is now open. Early registration closes March 23rd. Interested participants can register online here.
Please share the registration information with your network and community! Here is the Facebook event for social media. We have attached the photo for email & newsletters.
Thank you for all your support and if you have any questions please let me know!