*Due to Notre Dame's shift to online learning, all events between March 16 and April 13 have been postponed or canceled. Information related to rescheduled events will follow at a later date.
The Gender and Women’s Studies communities of the University of Notre Dame, Saint Mary’s College, and Indiana University South Bend will host the 4th biennial Midwestern Undergraduate Conference in Gender Studies March 27–28, 2020 at the University of Notre Dame.
We are eagerly looking forward to two days of conversation and collaboration focused on gender! The conference will consist of a series of individual panels comprised of 3–4 papers each. A faculty committee will select papers from among the submitted proposals and constitute the panels.
Our keynote speaker on Friday, March 27 will be Dr. Tressie McMillan Cottom. Dr. McMillan Cottom’s public talk will be followed by a book signing and reception at the Morris Inn.
- All panels will be open to the public.
- All sessions will be held in the Morris Inn, University of Notre Dame.
- Continental breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be provided on both days of the conference.
- There will be no registration fee for participants selected to present work.
- It is expected that all participants will attend the entire conference.
CALL FOR Undergraduate PAPERS
We welcome undergraduate student submissions of original research-based scholarship on any topic related to gender for our New Directions 2020 Midwest Undergraduate Conference in Gender Studies. Presentations should take the form of 15-minute presentations, with or without visual support, such as posters or slides. Students must have a faculty mentor from their field of research to offer guidance on the project. Faculty mentors are not required to attend the conference, though they are welcome.
Proposals must include:
- an abstract of approximately 250 words,
- a brief working bibliography, and
- the name and email address of the author’s faculty mentor.
- Authors will also include with their submission a short bio of approximately 100 words for use during the conference.
Deadline for submissions: January 17, 2020.
Notification of acceptance will be sent in early February 2020.