What skills will you develop
What skills will you develop in Gender Studies?
- Ability to consider an issue from multiple perspectives, including feminist, queer, and masculinity theories;
- Ability to apply cross-cultural and global awareness to women’s and gender issues;
- Ability to recognize sexist/racist thinking and writing;
- Ability to connect knowledge and experience, theory and practice, gender studies courses and other courses;
- Ability to use gender as a category for analysis;
- Ability to engage in critical self-reflection, promoting self-awareness;
- Critical thinking skills;
- Ability to construct arguments with evidence obtained from research;
- Ability to locate, evaluate and interpret diverse sources.