What will you learn
What will you learn in Gender Studies?
- The difference between sex and gender;
- The social construction of gender;
- Standpoint theory (the importance of location, situated knowledge);
- Intersectionality of race, class, gender, ethnicity, sexuality; interlocking oppression;
- The variations in women’s and men’s experiences across nations/ cultures/ time/ class/ race/ sexual orientation, etc.;
- Gendered construction of knowledge and social institutions;
- White privilege, male privilege, heterosexual privilege;
- Women’s contributions to history, culture, politics, etc.