The Director also serves as the Director of Graduate Studies, as well as the Chair of the Gender Studies Steering Committee. The Associate Director serves as the Director of Undergraduate Studies. The Program Coordinator assists the Director and Associate Director in administering the Program.
See our people list to learn more about the current occupants of these positions.
The Gender Studies Steering Committee
The Steering Committee advises and assists the Director on matters pertaining to the Program’s academic curriculum and programming. Members of the Committee also help to promote the Gender Studies Program as a scholarly community committed to the interdisciplinary study of gender and sexuality.
The nine voting members of the Steering Committee are elected by faculty members associated with the Program. The Committee also includes one undergraduate student representative and one graduate student representative, both in a non-voting capacity. The Director, Associate Director, and Program Coordinator are ex officio non-voting members of the Committee. The Internal Scholar-in-Residence, Postdoctoral Fellow, and Subject Librarian for Gender Studies participate in Steering Committee meetings in a non-voting capacity.
Current Voting Members
- Maria Alexandrova (2020-23) - Assistant Professor, Eck Institute for Global Health
- Meredith Chesson (2018-21) - Associate Professor, Anthropology
- Karen Graubart (2019-22) - Associate Professor, History
- Perin Gürel (2018-21) - Associate Professor, American Studies
- Julia Kowalski (2020-23) - Assistant Professor, Keough School of Global Affairs
- Connie Mick (2019-22) - Director of Academic Affairs, Center for Social Concerns
- Vanesa Miseres (2019-22) - Assistant Professor, Romance Languages and Literatures
- Emily Remus (2020-23) - Assistant Professor, History
- Pamela Wojcik (2018-21) - Professor, Film, Television, and Theatre
Current Non-Voting Members
- Mary Celeste Kearney, Director of Gender Studies; Chair of Steering Committee
- Pamela Butler, Associate Director of Gender Studies
- Linnie Caye, Program Coordinator, Gender Studies
- Sam Bader, Undergraduate Student Representative
- Brianna McCaslin, Graduate Student Representative
- Rachel Bohlmann, Subject Librarian for Gender Studies